This post and song is dedicated to my partner in crime. She's fondly known as my Buddy B on this blog but for all of you who don't know her, she can also be found here or here. Now the song I've chosen doesn't really have anything to do with birthdays or with my friend for that matter, other than it's a happy song and happy things always remind me of her.
This week she celebrated her birthday. She also contracted a RAGING case of poison ivy like no one I've ever known and kept a pretty good attitude about it. Personally, if it were me, I would be complaining and wining til the cows came home. She kept her sense of humor throughout. (Case in point, a barista at Starbucks was so struck by her condition that she dropped her Chai Latte order when gazing on the pustules. Did B get embarrassed or outraged by the gal's behavior? No- she laughed and actually apologized to the girl for not warning her of her condition.) All that being said, I wanted to tell you a few things about B and why I feel so lucky to call her my friend.
1. She gets me. (Always the halmark of any good friendship.) I don't have to explain everything to her- she just gets it. She gets the good, the bad and the ugly of me and likes me for it. It's authentic. And in this day and age, it's difficult to say that about most things.
2. Her sense of humor. This girl can find the funny in just about anything. Perhaps we are just both sick and twisted, but when you can laugh just about (well actually about ...) JUST ANYTHING no matter how gross and perverted or prim and proper...that's friendship gold, right there.
3. Speaking of gold- she's got a heart made of one. I know that if I needed her to,she would be on the next plane headed to Northwest Ohio if I just asked. NO explanation needed. She is supportive not only of me, but of my family and offers sage advice to all. She is my go to person for cleaning up the blood and helping to hide the evidence.
4. She's wise beyond her years. The older I get, the age of my friends is really quite irrelevant. But truth be told, she's younger than me. Thank goodness, she never rubs it in (she knows how sensitive I am about these things...) But seriously, I'd go to her just as well as go to the Dali Lama for advice on just about anything. She's my younger Role Model.
5. She's dedicated. Dedicated to her family, her friends, her beliefs, her goals, her decorating. If asked and accepted, consider it done.
6. She's a fellow mascara slut, book loving tramp and sugar whore. All qualities I admire in a woman. I'f I'm Ousier Boudreaux, she's my Clarice. "And I love ya' more than my luggage!"
Enjoy this week's selection, "Come Fly Away" by Jeremy Fisher. The video is a bit kooky and creative, a lot like my friend. Probably why I like it so much.